Saturday, November 29, 2014

Supposed to be Saturday Shopping Day

Today is day 29 of the NaBloPoMo challenge for November.  It is hard to believe the month is almost over.  Unfortunately, I don't have a "Saturday Saying" for today.  I know earlier in the week, I heard my children say several things that I wanted to record for this, but I have forgotten what they are.  I guess I need to start using the notes feature on my Ipad or the Dragon program on my Iphone to record these thoughts when I have them.  That way I won't forget.

Today was supposed to be  a shopping Saturday.  This meant we should be loading up the entire family to go out for a day of shopping in our "School bus" - meaning our 12 passenger Chevrolet Express van - big enough to hold the food to feed 7 people plus anything else we might decide to buy (or should I say that Dad and I allow anyone to buy) - meaning it has to pass the "Will it fit with everything else we already have planned to buy or have already bought?"  If it does not pass this test, then no purchasing it until another trip.  Oh yes, "and if it is not on my list, don't ask if you can have it - unless it is something you know that 'I' will declare to be a necessity of life.

However, life has a funny way of changing our plans thanks to God.  Yesterday we spent the morning in the ER with our oldest son.  So by the time we got home, we knew he would not probably feel like going anywhere with us today.  Plus my mom was not feeling her best.  Add in to that our youngest son not feeling his best and it results in plans changing.  Because we did not get a lot of sleep yesterday, when we came home from the hospital, Dennis slept away most of the afternoon.  When he got up, he announced that there was a "frago" - meaning a change in plans.  He felt like we should go shopping then instead of waiting until today.  So he, me and our middle son loaded into our Chevrolet venture instead to go shopping.  We went to a grocery store called "Giant".  Then we went in "Sam's Club" and we finished off our shopping "Walmart".

I have to remind those of you here in the USA, that yesterday was BLACK FRIDAY.  If we were still back in North Carolina, the stores would have been packed with no room to move probably.  Instead we found the stores remarkably empty.   I have never been out on Black Friday where Walmart was not insane.  But this Walmart was almost empty.  I have never gone to check out on Black Friday where there were multiple cashiers standing at the end of their checkout lanes waiting for people to come check out.  Yet that is exactly what we found.  I asked about the lack of customers and she responded that all their sales had been that morning, so evidently no one was really shopping.  I think it also may have had something to do with the fact that this store is located miles away from Penn State University and all the college kids were probably still at their own hometowns.  But I have to say it was a wonderful time to shop.

So how are you spending your Saturday.  I would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. I am eating out with BF in a fancy Fondue restaurant. It will be my second time there in my life. No shopping here. I think.

    I hope everybody stays well in your family.

    ReplyDelete