Monday, December 1, 2014

#NaBloPoMo December 2014 Day 1

*********This post is a duplicate of one I posted on my new Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy Blog found on Wordpress***********************

delight in the Lord
This is the first day of the December NaBloPoMo challenge and I am still on a roll.  I blogged for every day of October and November and now I am trying to see if I can do the same thing for December.  The theme for December’s NaBloPoMo challenge is “Joy” and everyone needs joy in their life.
Our prompt for the day is to discuss when we are down what we do to bring ourselves up.  My favorite things to do when I am down is to spend time with my children – all 4 of them to be precise, three boys and one girl – they have a way of making me laugh and find joy in the world.
Another thing I like to do is spend time with my Bible.  I love to pick a word such as joy and find various Bible references for that word.  So for example, when I used my Bible Gateway app to search for the word Joy, I found quite a few references.
Here are a few of the ones I really like:
Psalm 32:11 – “Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.”
Psalm 35:9 – “And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in his salvation.”
Psalm 66:1 – “Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands.”
Psalm 95:2 – “O come, let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.”
Luke 1:14 – “And thous shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
John 15;11 – “These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.”
Romans 5:11 – “And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.”
Galatians 5:22-23:  – “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.”
Philippians 1:4 – “Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy.                                             “
James 1:2-8:  “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”
and finally:
Psalm 30:5 – “For his anger endureth but for a moment’ in his favour is life, weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”
So what brings you joy?


No comments:

Post a Comment